HOW LONG DOES THE APPLICATION TAKE?
From submission of the required documents to the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica, the processing time is approximately 2-3 months.
DO I HAVE TO TRAVEL TO DOMINICA?
There is no requirement to travel to Dominica as part of the application process.
DO I HAVE TO ATTEND AN INTERVIEW?
There is currently no mandatory interview requirement for the Dominican Citizenship by Investment Program, however an interview may be required at the discretion of the Government.
DOES DOMINICA RECOGNIZE DUAL CITIZENSHIP?
Yes, the laws of Dominica recognize and allow dual citizenship and you are not required to renounce your other citizenships. Further more, Dominica does not notify authorities of your country of residence or citizenship of your Dominican citizenship. You are not required to reside in Dominica to keep your citizenship status.
WILL I BE LIABLE FOR ANY TAXES IN DOMINICA?
There is no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax. You are only liable to pay personal tax if you reside in the country.
WHERE WILL MY DOMINICAN PASSPORT BE RECOGNISED?
Everywhere. The passport that you obtain as a Citizen by Investment is a fully legal passport, and is universally recognized by all states party to the UN.
CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT DOMINICA?
The Commonwealth of Dominica is a Caribbean republic with a parliamentary democracy. The capital city is Roseau and the population is approximately 70,000. The language is English. French Patois is also spoken and the currency is the East Caribbean Dollar. For more information on Dominica, click here.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS AND RELEVANT LEGISLATION?
The Citizenship by Investment Programme is set out in the regulations published pursuant to Section 101 of the Constitution and Sections 8 and 20 (1) of the Citizenship Act.
WHO IS AN AUTHORISED AGENT?
An “authorized agent” is a person licensed by the Government to act on behalf of applicants for Citizenship by Investment. Sunstone Inc. is a Government authorized agent and we are happy to be of service to you.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP?
Applicants for citizenship must be at least 18 years of age, of good character, without criminal records and who are able and willing to make the required contribution. Applicants must engage an authorized agent who will assist them to prepare the required forms and supporting documents. Sunstone Inc. is a Government authorized agent and we are happy to be of service to you.
DOES CITIZENSHIP EXTEND TO MY SPOUSE AND CHILDREN?
Yes, citizenship is extended to your spouse, dependent children and dependent parents. Fees for family members are provided with the application form.
WHO QUALIFIES AS DEPENDENTS?
A “dependent” means:
- A spouse of the main applicant;
- A child under eighteen (18) years of age of the main applicant or his or her spouse;
- A child of the main applicant or his or her spouse between eighteen (18) and twenty-eight (28) who is in full time attendance at a recognized institution of higher learning after his or her eighteenth birthday and fully supported by the main applicant;
- An unmarried daughter of the main applicant who is under twenty-eight (28) years of age and is living with and fully supported by the main applicant;
- A child of the main applicant or spouse of the main applicant who is above the age of eighteen (18) years and physically or mentally challenged and who is fully supported by the applicant;
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his or her spouse above the age of fifty-five (55) years living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- A “child” means a biological or legally adopted child of a main applicant, or of the spouse of the main applicant.